Established in 1959, SCST, LLC, an Atlas Company, has a long legacy of building strong relationships through a commitment to quality services and engineering excellence. Serving both the public and private sectors, our firm provides professional expertise in the areas of environmental science & engineering, geotechnical engineering, construction integration & technology, geophysics, special inspection & materials testing, and facilities consulting.
The SCST team includes skilled geotechnical engineers, civil and environmental engineers, environmental scientists, engineering geologists, multi-credentialed inspectors and technicians, and the appropriate management systems and support personnel committed to providing our clients with high quality and tailored services.
State registrations include the following:
- Professional Geologist (PG)
- Certified Engineering Geologist (CEG)
- Engineer in Training (EIT)
- Geotechnical Engineer (GE)
- Professional Engineer (PE)
Over seventy percent of SCST's professional staff are licensed and/or registered by state and regulatory agencies. This high percentage of registered personnel reflects the significant expertise available to our clients.
SCST has been an asset as an owner's representative in complex projects as well as last minute requests due to the uncertainty of construction projects. They have been a team that you can count on.
Municipal Projects Manager
City of Carlsbad
During a challenging period when Mother Nature was working against us, SCST worked diligently with the team to help ensure the project was completed on time and that a good product was provided to the City of Chula Vista and the County of San Diego.
Always been impressed by SCST resourcefulness, strong grasp of complex and time-sensitive issues, and high caliber capacity. Proactive genius in resolution of such matters and attention to detail with efficiency render SCST a true value to everyone that has the opportunity of working with this high caliber agency.
Quality Assurance & Control Manager
SCST constantly exceeds the expectations of CCQA, Inc., when staffing and testing materials on our diverse and complex healthcare projects. SCST has been available to work at a moment’s notice or odd hours to accommodate the contractor.
Daniel M. Stone, IOR
California Construction Quality Assurance, Inc.
Challenged Athletes Foundation's® (CAF) Operation Rebound® program is the premier sports and fitness program for American military personnel, veterans and first responders with physical challenges. It provides unparalleled opportunities to pursue active, athletic lifestyles by offering access to funding for equipment and training and competition expenses, Military Medical Center Physical Training (MMCPT) and sports clinics.
Looking for an opportunity to build a career at a fast-growing reputable firm, where hard work is rewarded and fun is encouraged? SCST, an Atlas Company, is continually looking for talented and skilled professionals to join our team.
Geotechnical Drafter (San Diego)
- Strong independent work ethic and decision-making skills
- Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient using AutoCAD and or Civil 3D a must
- Microsoft Word and Excel, Bluebeam, Adobe and Cloud-based applications
- Use muscles to lift, push, pull, or carry heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Repeat the same movements over and over
- React quickly using hands, fingers, or feet
- Ability to adapt to very warm and very cool outdoor weather conditions
Staff Geophysicist (Arizona)
- Bachelors of Science in Geophysics, Geology, Environmental Studies or related field (applicants near the completion of their degree will also be considered).
- Other considerations:
- Ability to spend long hours in the field in various terrain and weather conditions.
- Willingness to travel for extended periods of time for projects throughout Southern California, Northern California, Arizona & Nevada.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong independent work ethic and decision-making skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience with AutoCAD, Surfer, Adobe, SeisOpt a plus.
- Professional license, OSHA & MSHA training a plus.
- Highly-competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, Vision (Full-Time Benefit only).
- 401k match (Full-Time Benefit only).
- Vacation/PTO (Full-Time Benefit only).
- Ability to travel and work outdoors.
- Chance to be part of local environmental, engineering, and construction projects.
Soils Technician/LA Grading Inspector
- Observation of every aspect of grading and backfill operations, including density testing of fill.
- Verification and plotting of all removals, keyways, buttresses, erosion control and fill placement.
- Use of geo-synthetic materials and drainage systems.
- Preparing written reports.
- Reviewing field dailies for conformance with project and company standards and respond to reports of nonconformance.
- LA Deputy Grading Inspector Certification required (1 year)
- ACI Grade I
- CPN Radiation Safety and use of Nuclear Soil Gauges
- Use muscles to lift, push, pull, or carry heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Wear common protective or safety equipment such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves and hard hats.
- Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Repeat the same movements over and over.
- Use stomach and lower back muscles to support the body for long periods without getting tired.
- React quickly using hands, fingers, or feet.
- Kneel, stoop, crouch, bend, twist or crawl.
- Keep or regain the body's balance or stay upright when in an unstable position.
- Ability to adapt to very warm and very cool outdoor weather conditions.
- Competitive Salaries
- 2-week vacation per year
- Educational and/or certification reimbursement with approval
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Nine paid holidays a year
- Six paid sick days per year
- Life Insurance/Long Term Disability and ADD
- Optional Cafeteria Plan and Dependent care
- Aflac Optional plans available
- 401(k) Plan Employer match 50% of first 4% saved
- Life Insurance
Competitive salary, 401K, benefits and the ability to grow. EOE. Submit application via our online portal at https://scst.isolvedhire.com/jobs/70234.html